Elderly monitor at home
Today, the elderly monitor allows us to watch them at home at all times. The possibility of seeing through the phone and in real time what is happening in your home is something that a few years ago seemed like science fiction, but today is a reality.
❤️ Top 3 Indoor Wifi IP Cameras: Comparison Table
Wyze Cam 1080p HD Indoor Wireless Smart Home Camera
The main advantage of Wyze cameras is that the configuration is minimal, you only need to connect them to the wifi network and add them to the application and thus both the recordings and video can be viewed remotely and locally in real time. There is no need to configure the ports, IPs or add a DVR, so it is easy and quick to install to become an effective elderly monitor
It is highly recommended to add a MicroSD card to the camera in order to have continuous recording, otherwise it will only record 10 seconds every time there is a motion alert. The MicroSD card should be Class 10, U1 or higher speed and we recommend 8GB, 16GB or 32GB. If it is slower, the camera will not be able to record video properly.
In my case I used a Class 10 memory of 16GB and it has worked very well for 5 days of continuous recording in SD mode. In HD mode I would only record 2 days. A 32GB card can record 8 days in SD mode or 3 days in HD mode.
- Configuration is minimum
- You only need to connect them to the wifi network and add them in the application
- No need to configure ports, IPs or add a DVR.
- Difficulty in updating the cameras’ firmware
Wyze Cam Pan 1080p Pan/Tilt/Zoom Wi-Fi Indoor Smart Home Camera
The camera has a pretty good price for the amount of features it has.
The Full HD recording is quite good, and at night it is quite clear.
You can program «patrols» to check from side to side.
The motion or noise notifications are quite accurate and serve to alert of activity in a range of vision that you can define.
A micro SD card can be installed to record continuously. 32GB gives you approximately 2 days of full HD recording.
In general it is a camera with an unbeatable price/value ratio. It lacks details about Alexa’s compatibility. Yes, it is 100% compatible but there is no documentation on the additional features added by Alexa.
I had initially offered it to my sister for her baby and was very surprised by the possibilities and quality of the device. So I bought one for the house. It’s a great option to become an in-home elderly monitor
- The motorized chamber is fluid
- Ultra simple installation.
- Selectable and customizable area for motion detection (sensitivity can be changed)
- Alert available as a notification on the cell phone.
- Easy to use interface and good translation of the menus in French
- Ability to communicate vocally with anyone in front of the camera
- Recording is possible on an SD card without having to subscribe to paid services.
Can be used even if no SD card is installed.
- Recording events on the SD card.
- A latency of one and a half seconds. But not too annoying.
- The motorization is low noise but not enough to wake up a baby. But this can be cancelled if the hours of operation are set.
- It should be easier to change the network password in the application without rebooting the camera.
The image quality has surprised me, as well as the power of the IR for night vision, and the sound of the speaker when you activate the Intercom
In the pictures you can see the power of IR, in almost absolute darkness, and also the definition of areas to activate alerts or recording in case of motion detection.
The menus of the app are very complete, I do not find any option missing for the management of a camera of these characteristics
To put a fault, the camera needs to be connected to an electrical outlet and does not have a long-life battery system like the XT2
- Stopping the movement is very good is activated by the simple noise of the door keys
- Are very easy to install
- Important to remove the bluetooth before and wifi choose the 2.4g not 5
- Great picture quality, sound is very good
- The spectacular night vision
- It lacks the option of being able to rotate the camera also remotely
- Problem with linking the app to samsung phones with an ipad that links immediately
- The problem is in the App, I find it uncomfortable not being able to see the live image continuously